My daughter-in-law and I are always swapping recipes and I thought I’d share a recipe she shared with me. This is a great, fresh side dish that would compliment anything on the BBQ. Hope you enjoy!
Garlic Kale and Brown Rice Salad w/ Lemon Dressing
Adapted from: Pinch of Yum
For the Dressing:
- juice of one lemon
- juice of one orange
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (garlic infused is yummy)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped, without stems, to yield about 4 cups
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- dried cranberries for topping
- Pulse all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the kale and sauté until wilted to about half of the original volume. Add the brown rice and stir-fry for a few minutes together with the kale until everything is heated through. Add the dressing into the pan (start with about half of it) and toss to combine. Top with dried cranberries.
NOTE: This is delicious with a fried egg on top (leave off the cranberries unless you like eggs + cranberries). The perfect easy dinner!